I finally gave in and started drinking it.
Current formula: AeroPress, ~190F water, add one scoop of coffee, fill to level 4, let sit about a minute, and plunge.
Coffees I’ve tried, favorites first:
- Steel Cup Union Blend
- “Medium dark”; lighter than Peets.
- Peet’s Major Dickason’s Blend
- I like the dark roast with rich flavor without much bitterness.
- Peet’s Colombia
- Not as darkly roasted, but nice flavor without much bitterness. Pretty mild-mannered.
- Grounds & Hounds Morning Walk
- “Breakfast blend”, though not too dark. Decent.
- Peet’s Los Cafeteros Blend
- Steel Cup Black & Gold Blend
- Medium roast, tending towards sour regardless of what I try.
- Eight O’Clock Coffee Colombian Peaks
- Medium roast, but for some reason I keep getting sour coffee with it; not sure if my method needs adaptation or the coffee is just bad.