See also Coffee.
- Sprecher Hard Root Beer
- Unpleasant aftertaste.
- Indian Wells Brewing Special Reserve
- Advertised as containing sarsaparilla, birch root, wintergreen, ginger, wild cherry bark, licorices, and cane sugar (no HFCS). Comes in a 22 oz bottle sealed with wax. Mild flavor – not very “root-beery”, whatever that means – with noticeable wintergreen. Not too creamy. The wintergreen note is nice, but could be toned down a bit in favor of more of the root beer flavor.
- Not bad, but unremarkable. Not very creamy or rich.
- Very nice vanilla flavor.
- Stubborn Soda Agave Vanilla Cream Soda
- Mild-mannered, smooth, pleasant.
- Red Ribbon Vanilla Cream Soda
- Very creamy, very vanilla-y, with nice tang from the carbonation.
Other soft drinks:
- Virgil’s Real Cola
- The mutant offspring of cola and cream soda, with a lovely vanilla cream flavor mixed with cola. The vanilla mellows the flavor, so it’s less sharp and fizzy than normal cola. Great but very high sugar.
- Angry Orchard
- More beer-y than apple-y, but enjoyable.
- A bit nicer flavor than Angry Orchard, but pretty similar.
- Commonwealth Cider Traditional Dry
- Not as dry as the name or lack of sugar content suggests – very nice apple flavor. Favorite so far.
- Austin Eastciders Original
- Dry and pleasant. I originally thought it had an off flavor, but rather enjoy it now.
- Arsenal Cider House Rambo
- Strong (8.5% ABV), nice apple flavor, somewhat dry, very pleasant.
- Arsenal Cider House Pumpkin Cider
- Nice spiced pumpkin flavor, semisweet.
- Arsenal Cider House Alfred’s Pear
- Semi-sweet, so not too dry, and the pear flavor isn’t too strong – you mostly get the cider tang.
- McKenzie’s Seasonal Reserve
- Spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, which are noticeable. Interesting spiced taste. Might taste good warm?
- Jack’s Hard Cider
- Dry and a bit like champagne, but with an unpleasant flavor not very reminiscent of apples.
- Woodchuck Amber
- Sweet, very much like apple juice, minimal tang or alcohol aftertaste. Perhaps too sweet.
- Ace Joker
- Dry like Commonwealth, but stronger (6.9% ABV), and somewhat less pleasant.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Mild, creamy, very pleasant. The standard.
- Brown Jug Bourbon Cream
- Stronger bourbon flavor, with a strong hint of maple flavor coming through. Also pleasant, if a touch strong.
Calvados (apple brandy):
- Boulard Calvados VSOP
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade
- Tastes like alcoholic lemonade, but not too strong. Very refreshing.